Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wow it's already 4:28 AM

A gente (people),

So watch out for the internet. She'll get you every time. After returning from Rio today (at like 10:30. Totally reasonable time) and wanting only to watch UFC 135 and go to bed (Saturday night, what a LOSER) I somehow find myself trying to find ways to justify the fact that it's already 4:30 AM on Sunday and UFC ended at like a little after midnight. So with some rough math (I'd like to apologies anyone who's ever had the distinct disappointment of teaching me math; you're about to get even sadder) and a little introspection (and he talks to himself..........) I think I've got it figured out.

12:30ish UFC 135 ends (props to Mark Hunt and Jon Jones)
12:30ish to 1:00 Simultaneous Facebooking and Amazon shopping. Said hi to long lost friends (what's up, Matt Lai) and also took Amazon shopping cart from $270.56 worth of useless garbage to $255.61. My bargain skills are razor sharp.
1:00 to 1:37 Followed a whole mess of people on Twitter (@BrianChrisG, get at me) as well as scoped out some possible late semester activities (Soccer games and Oktoberfest. Woot.)
1:37 to 1:38 Had the intuitive feeling that I forgot something extremely important but could not (and still cannot) for the life of me remember what it is.
1:38 to 2:13 Thought I might remember by checking Amazon. Knocked cart down (again) to $245.69 (You.Can't.Stop.Me.)
2:14 Contemplated going to bed, total time of less than 12 seconds, then returned attention back to the internet.
2:14 to 2:25 Checked Mens Health website for new articles, read aforementioned articles, reflected on new, pertinent, and urgent health information contained therein. Continued living my life.
2:25 to 2:24 Went back in time.
2:24 (the second one......never mind) to 2:40ish Simultaneously Facebooked and noticed that Rock in Rio has been on for 2 hours on TV. Snow Patrol had sound issues and then the Red Hot Chili Peppers kept making jokes in English (which no one but me understood. Sweet)
2:40 to 3:30ish Watched Rock in Rio and tried to figure out what I'm doing for spring break (Back to Brazil? I kind of miss cold weather, maybe somewhere that has snow. Or maybe home. There's something infinitely appealing about working out all day and eating nothing but PB & J.)
3:30 to 3:35 Become captivated by Brazilian tele-novelas as the Peppers leave (no encore?!?! Guys.....c'mon)
3:35 to 3:59 Forcefully tear attention away from TV and back to the Internet. Conduct research on who's in concert near NY after the New Year. Find no one. Decide to instead reorganize my favorites. They're still a mess.
3:59 to 4:27 Tried for the eleventh time to get into my webmail account (epic fails all night) while simultaneously Facebooking, and noticing that there's a tranny on the televison show. Wonder how this looks if someone comes in right now. Reach for remote. Too far. Guess we're watching tranny dramas.
4:27 Realize it's 4:27. Decide that's too late to have stayed up without accomplishing anything and that I should definitely blog about this.
4:28 until Now: Blogging. Also changed my Facebook and Twitter profile pictures because I want to look hip. Which makes no sense because both pictures are shoulders up and chest up respectively (what's up bad puns?)

I've also decided that I should probably actually go to bed. It's like 4:51. I feel like I might be doing something tomorrow, too. I dunno what but it's probably that thing I forgot like 3 hours ago. Wish me luck.

Portuguese word of the day (yeah, it's been a while, shut up) is, "A gente vai" which literally means, "the people go" but is more often used than the "we" form. Brazilians love (I'm allowed to generalize. It makes everything easier and it's always true, right?) using the third person so when people ask the us what we're doing this weekend, we can respond with the Portuguese equivalent of, "The people are going to Rio de Janeiro to sip coconuts on the beach and darken their pasty white skin in the bright Brazilian sun" and I won't sound like I'm arbitrarily inflating my sense of self worth by referring to me and two of my friends as, "the people"

So I was gonna check this grammatical errors but I just reached into my pocket and found two big piles of blind faith. I think I'll use those now.

Tchau for now! (Blown away that you read this far, to be honest. Sorry if you were expecting something.)

2 comments:

  1. Parentheses usage: wee confusing at times (but very effective). Same goes with the yellow theme (and its effect on my eyes). Muito bom (@google translate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you don't follow me. in 37 minutes i wasn't important enough for you to start following....

    ReplyDelete