Gang,
Flip, I Never Actually Learned Stuff, I think to myself as my final exams loom this week. We'll be taking an exam on Portuguese (possibly a presentation, and the opportunity to be graded on what comes out of my mouth is certainly welcome over what come out of my head), Military History of Brazil (playing this one pretty close to the chest, haha), and Geography (..........definitely going to be interesting) and also a test in Psychology from West Point (hopefully I can get that done this week so I don't have to find ways to study out in the field next week!)
Following this week of testing is our final field training exercise. Many of our companheiros left tonight to begin the set-up phase, carrying only their ruck sacks with them. Many of them seemed to be methodically organizing and packing but when I asked if there was an order or a packing list they all looked at me quizzically. "leva que vocĂȘ precisa" which is roughly, "bring what you need"............thanks guys.
Hopefully that goes a little better than my long run today went (15 miles......my legs are glaring at me) let's get it!
Tchau!
Hang in there! Wish you were here to help me cram for my LAST semester of Portu-not-so-easy. :)
ReplyDeleteByeeeeee! -Jessie
I'll be there soon enough, and can help you study (I can speak pretty well but in terms of technical knowledge like all those freakin verb tenses, you're on your own!)
ReplyDelete