Loyal Fanbase,
Howdy ya'll. I'm on a Country music kick right now. Apologies in advance. In any event, I'm scheduled to take a Psych test yesterday (note, that's not a grammatical error, I wrote that right) so maybe at some point today I'll actually sit down and take it. We'll see, haha. Past that, Portuguese class today, woot woot!
Ok, so enough of the obligatory "hey-how-ya-down-hows-ya-motha" stuff and onto the real reason for todays post. I am (as some of you likely already know) competing this December in World's Toughest Mudder. WTM is the championship race for Tough Mudder series. A Tough Mudder is a 10-12 mile muddy obstacle course race run by Tough Mudder LLC. TM has raised over 2 million dollars (US dollars that is) for the Wounded Warrior Project (Known by many as simply Wounded Warriors), aiding personnel injured in the line of duty and many US Army veterans. They've also helped numerous other charities catapult their causes into the spotlight.
WTM consists of as many laps as possible of the standard 10 mile course in 24 hours, with the winner recieving $10,000 and the right to call themselves the World's Toughest Mudder. Good friend and fellow West Point Cadet, Alex Cattley (http://cat-man-does.blogspot.com/) will be tackling the course with me and decided to take his commitment to the cause one step further. He had the bright idea to raise money for Team Red, White, and Blue (another veteran charity) with our participation, with a goal of $500 (http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/toughestmudder/catman) Being the original and interesting individual I am, I not only created the same goal using the same website, but decided to actually copy and paste much of what he wrote on his site (Relax. I cited him for it) If only I could copy how much money he's raised already! (https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/gmoney/worldstoughestmudderfundraiser)
Every little bit (even your emotional support helps) as we've set a goal to run 5 laps of the course (50 miles in the wet, and muddy cold of Englishtown, NJ in December) Please donate if you are able and pass the link along if you know someone who might be able to help out.
Tchau for now!
Nothing wrong with (most) country.
ReplyDelete