"WHAT!?!?!?!" I yelled into the face of my buddy while a thumping base and epic strobe light show in the background ran strong. "I....SAID.....WE'RE.......GONNA......HEAD......BACK!" This news washed over me and the receding semi sweet taste of Blue Lagoa (Lagoa Azul) on the back of my tongue affirmed that this was a good idea. I glanced at my watch; 5:00 AM. Oh.....good.....good.
As we stood on the street waiting for a taxi, I thought back on the whole day. We spent hours on the beach, afterwards, a bar, another bar, and finally the dance club that I was now standing in front of. We left the barracks at around 9 or so but wanted to get into the club at 12:30 since that was when things, "began to get started" as my friends here said. Interesting. +1 for Brazilian endurance. The club had played almost exclusively American dance music that the largely Brazilian (read: entirely) crowd sang along to with ease. I was not entirely a fan of the volume of said music (the title of this post is, "My ears are bleeding") but it was an exciting time nonetheless.
As much as I hate to leave a rather lukewarm post, I just found out that I got written up for having a messy bed.........more to follow on that as well as the freshmen recognition ceremony this past weekend. Best of luck with your monday. Here's a little KAP SLAP monday mix-up for those of you feeling the 11:24 blues right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pTMM8aa4dg
Tchau!
No comments:
Post a Comment