Saturday, July 23, 2011

USA!!!!

PARABENS!!!!! (Congratulations!) The United States Army Golden Knights (Parachute Team) has competed and done quite well at the 5th Annual CISM World Military Games. The Mens team took 3rd in the Formations event (Formaturas) and the Women took 2nd in Formations, 1st in Accuracy (Precisao), and 1st Overall. GO ARMY! I got lots of pictures of the final jumps into the awards ceremony as well as many of the individual and team title winners. I will post them as soon as possible.

Also, as part of my class schedule, I will be taking PL373 Life Cycle and Human Development via email at West Point while I am here in Brazil. I started doing some of my coursework and looked over a few of my assignments, one of which includes observing a child aged 3-11 for some time and apply my knowledge of developmental psychology to my observations to write a report on my findings. Finding said child should prove to be an interesting endeavor.


Our Lieutenant (Tenente) contacts here at the academy have planned to take us to a National Park (Parque Nacional) tomorrow (amanha) so it's time to call it a night (noite). The Portuguese word of the day is "para-quedismo" which means "parachuting". Tomorrow is a big day (grande dia)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, so I decided that I'm going to tell my Portuguese teacher I am doing my HW by reading your blog... I'll never have to study again! Oh wait... :P

    Miss ya!! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete